Tuesday, July 7, 2009

a break in routine

there has been a lot on my plate lately... for those of you that don't know, i'm flying solo in the shop these days. kim is on sebattical due to some major health issues and that leaves, well, just me. oh, and 4 kids and a husband and a coupla dogs and a coupla cats and my own clothing line and mountains of paperwork... and a partridge in a pear tree.
i'm not going to let it beat me, though. my husband is super-supportive and helpful(he thankfully owns his own business, too and can be a bit flexible), i work in a great little town among very supportive friends and neighbors who cheer me on and cheer me up all the time (lately, cheering me up, most of all).
i want everyone to know how totally dedicated i am to making it work and that i will keep those hours and plug away and market and support our cause and product until i just can't do it anymore...
so, although i want to welcome some new friends to the shop, i want to lighten the load on my chest and the mood even more. i have been thinking about my greatest joys and inspirations in an attempt to refocus my mood and lift my spirits. always,always i come right back to my kids. so i figured we could all join in and share some funny, great or inspirational things or stories about our kids. even parenting stories would be great. anything. your kids, your neighbor's kids, your grand kids, any ole' kids at all. maybe we'll even come up with a prize for the best "kid story"?
i'll start...
the funniest thing i heard a parent say to their kid this week: "we don't hit our ball with lunch meat". yipes.

1 comment:

  1. No real 'kid story' to tell, but hubby and I did make it out to the town green/gazebo for a concert. We have friends who formed a band that plays kid's music and they played a free concert Monday night. A lot of our friends without kids came out to support them, and we even ran into other friends, with kids, and it was a nice surprise. It was a fun night full of lots of kids, and adults!, dancing and playing.
    Keep on truckin' and good luck. Being busy is definately a double-edged sword!

    ReplyDelete